Overview: Keep up with your favorite YouTube channels and access the world’s videos anywhere with the official YouTube app for Android.
Keep up with your favorite YouTube channels and access the world’s videos anywhere with the official YouTube app for Android.
I saw some threads floating around about youtube 720p playback, and I really always wanted that too for a long time.
But I was stupid enough not to even try it.
I did try now and, yep, I got it working!
What's in this version:
* New UI and Preloading now available on Froyo and Gingerbread devices
* New Watch experience
* Add videos to your YouTube TV queue
* More channels to pick from on the Channel Store
How I installed it:
• Removed /system/app/YouTube.apk (you need a rooted device for this step! If your device is not rooted, try ignoring this step, but installation may not possible.)
• If YouTube is still there, just go into its app info tab and tap "Remove installed updates" or something, then "Force stop".
• Install my APK!
• Of course, your device must be capable of 720p video decoding!
Download Instructions:Thanks to theos0o
v4.1.23 WiFi + 3G HD (WiFi + 3G HD: HD available on both WiFi and mobile networks)
v4.1.23 WiFi HD (WiFi HD: HD only available when connected to WiFi networks)